Sunday, June 29, 2014

Business and friendships

OK so being a new Nail tech has posed a few obstacles but the one I seemed to stumbel on a lot was doing nails for my bestie. Altnough we are similar in many ways our nail art preferences were very different. Now because I felt so comfortable with her it was so easy to say "no that design is basic I don't want to do that" not realizing how unprofessional that was. What made matters worse was when a regular client came in and showed me a similar design to the one my bestie chose I would have no choice but to provide them with the design of their choice.  Now little did I know that once my bestie saw these nails on Facebook she was fuming! This problem wouldn't have been so bad if I realized it sooner this went on for about 3 fills and a full set so all in all about 8 weeks. That's a long time in bestie time. How I fixed the problem was easy. Once I separated business from friendship and viewed her as a client once she sat behind my nail table she began to get the nail design she desired basic or not. So always keep business and friendship separate no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment